Please note that the money used to purchase this album will go directly to the artist. Please support your artist directly by purchasing through bandcamp at the artist's chosen price and not the undercut value that amazon, Itunes and other outlets have set. Thank you. Jaya Lakshmi and Ananda.
Your donations are such a blessing to our artistic heart endeavors!! If you are so inspired, please feel free to donate more. We are already working on our next album and your contributions will help us greatly. Thank you so much.
$11.11-Shanti (Peace) Donation
$15.15-Prema (Love) Donation
$21.21-Shakti (Divine Feminine Creative Power)Donation
$31.31-Deva/Devi (God/Goddess) Donation
$41.41-Raj (Royal) Donation
$51.51-Maha (Grand/Infinite) Donation
$108-Maha Raj (Infinitely Royal) Donation!!
I have always loved the combination of tribal trance and house beats with Sanskrit mantra and prayer. I knew I was destined to compose my own electronica music, especially after my experience with my former band, Lost at Last. I was involved in much of the composition and production of our music, which laid the foun- dation for me to continue creating music on my own.
Kirtronica is my vision come to fruition—electronica dance music with Sanskrit mantra that manifests through the feminine channel. The sound is a bit slower than club trance and has a different flow from the elec- tronica music that is popular today, but this is what came through me.
I call this album “Kirtronica” because it’s a blend of kirtan and electronica—so be sure to chant while you listen. That’s what this music is for: to activate God consciousness and devotion, or bhakti, and to free the spirit so it can dance with the divine. These ancient Sanskrit mantras work on deep vibrational levels and are designed to liberate the soul by revealing our pure, loving nature.
This album is a dance journey of the heart, mind, and body reuniting with the beloved. I hope Kirtronica activates, ignites, and propels you into deeper love, greater
joy, and miraculous healing. All glories to the chanting of the Holy Names, and to groovy dance beats!
released 25 June 2013
© Sounds True, Inc., Boulder, CO 80306
Published 2013 Printed in the United States of America
illustrations © Shutterstock.com
, Author photos ©Michael Hilton (Mishenka)
All rights reserved. No part of these liner notes may be used or reproduced in any manner without written permission from the artists and publisher.
Sounds True, PO Box 8010 Boulder CO 80306-8010 800-333-9185
Thanks for musical contributions from
• Ananda Yogiji: Bansuri flute on Jai Ganesha, Manose: Bansuri flute on “This Is the Day” • Bodhi Setchko: Bansuri flute on “Jai Ambe”.
• Priyo: Sarod on “Jai Ma,” electric guitar on “Sita Ram” • Ankush Vimawala: Tabla fills.
• Peter Van Gorder: Didgeredoo on “Nataraj”
• Special thanks to everyone who contributed to this album through the Kickstarter campaign.
• Om, for the technical support and awesome sounds he passed on to me.
• Luna Marcus, for the inspiration that helped me finish the last verse of “This Is the Day”.
• Sounds True, for believing in this music • My beloved Anandaji, for being a channel of pure, radiant love and devotion every day.
• My sweet, amazing daughters Brynn and Tandava who, by being so brilliant and together, gave me the space to create and pursue my dreams.
And always, my dear parents who continue to love me unconditionally.
Special blessings for my father, James, who recently passed into the light. May you be fully embraced in God’s sweet love. You have always been my angel.